Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Received a fine from the traffic police department!

Can you believe this?!?!

I ended my RC flying on 15 Aug 09 and was loading my planes and stuff into the boot of my car when a TP came, parked behind me and proceeded to take out a small notebook and started to scribble something on it. I gave him an 'acknowledgment' look to tell him that i will leave as soon as i finished loading up my car.

He waited for a while and we both left at the same time and I assumed everything was ok. How wrong was I!!! Because a week after, I received a bloody $70 fine for illegal parking!!!! What the hell?! If he had wanted to give me a ticket, why didn't he give it to me 'on the spot'?! It's not as if I wanted to run away or anything. And bear in mind, I was THERE at the 'time of the offence'! Yes, I was PRESENT at the time of the offence! My car was not left unattended! The road was a deserted road along Punggol Drive. I was not obstructing ANY traffic whatsoever! What traffic? There were no bloody cars on that road!

Under 'normal' circumstances, I believe most TP would just wait and make sure that the drivers does move their cars and only issue tickets to those cars that are still parked unattended. (I have seen this countless times). But in mycase.... geeze! Arse-luck!

Was this TP new on the job? (on the ball)
Was he low on 'quota'?
Was he in a bad mood?

I decided to make appeal at the TP department yesterday. Upon reaching the traffic police HQ, the receptionist asked if i would like to write in to appeal or see an appeal offiicer. She said 'see appeal officer is of course faster lah! But you have to wait a while...here, take this number and take a seat.'

After a long 2 hours wait to see the appeal officer (there was only one at that time), and after I explained my case, all the appeal officer said to me was that I have to 'write-in' so that they could 'verify internally'. What a waste of my time. I could have just spend 10 mins writing and dropped my appeal letter in the box if I had know I still had to write in afterall!

So now my case is 'pending' the result of their internal verification or investigations or whatever... I wonder how they will do their verifications / investigations...

Damnit!

No comments: