Monday, August 30, 2010

New body shell

Bought a new body shell for my Hyper ST. It was a clear type body shell and you have spray colours on it to make it your own. Decals are provided though.

This is my very first attempt at spray painting a body shell. Got some advice my a fellow RC member on how to spray paint. I decided to play 'safe' and use only a single colour scheme instead of multiple colours as I was not sure how it would turn out.

Decided to use a bright colour for better visibility and hence YELLOW was chosen.
I bought a small can of PS yellow colour paint and a white colour. I sprayed the entire can onto the inside of the bodyshell, using the spray-dry-spray again method, as this add several coats of paint on it. Then finally use the white to add as the protection cost on it.

The result came out pretty good. Below is the complete body shell with decals.



And below is how my Hyper ST looks with the new body shell! :-)

No comments: